Winter-to-Spring Tips for Home Energy Savings
Soon winter will be behind us, and that means spring and summer are just ahead! If you’re looking to prepare your Connecticut home for maximum comfort and optimal energy efficiency, we have a few warm weather conservation tips to offer you. You and your wallet will thank us!
- Schedule an air conditioning system tune-up before spring. It will not only increase your chances of staying cool and problem-free throughout the season, but a professionally tuned system can reduce energy consumption by 5 percent.
- Clean or replace air filters once a month to ensure optimal air flow and cooling. Clean filters keep your system healthy and enable it to run more efficiently. Dirty filters mean extra repairs, service, parts and costs that you weren’t planning on.
- Caulk and weather-strip around doors, attic hatches, windows, outdoor faucets and any other openings through which air might escape. Lost conditioned air means more spring energy consumption and higher cooling costs. Keep your cool inside, and the heat outside!
- Sunshine! The sun is a natural heating source. Close your shades and drapes during the daytime to keep it out and help lower the temperature inside the home. South-facing windows get the most sunlight, east-facing windows get sunlight in the morning, and west-facing windows receive sunlight in the afternoon – plant trees and bushes strategically!
- Consider high-efficiency central and ductless mini-split air conditioning systems from Sound Energy. Today’s AC systems use much less energy without sacrificing homeowners’ comfort.
Don’t forget: Sound Energy is here for all of your home cooling needs! If you’re ready to start thinking about your home cooling system (and we suggest you do!) give us a call or contact us online to schedule your air conditioning system pre-season check and more.