Home Energy Savings: Winter-to-Spring Tips
Weather between the seasons can be rather erratic, but your comfort and energy efficiency should never be! We have a few conservation tips for you to transition through it all comfortably and efficiently. Your wallet will thank us!!
- Schedule an air conditioning system tune-up before spring. As well as increasing your chances of a problem-free, effortless season, a professionally tuned system can also reduce energy consumption.
- Clean/replace air filters once a month. This will ensure optimal and efficient airflow and cooling. Neglecting your air filters could result in unexpected costs and repairs.
- Caulk and weather-strip around windows, doors, or any other openings to the outside. Without securing these openings, air might escape, a problem for energy efficiency throughout all seasons! Keep the outside temps out and the inside temps in!
- Let the sun shine! Utilize nature’s heating source. Open the blinds and curtains on cold days and take advantage of the sun’s natural, renewable and carbon-free heat. On those warmer days, keep shades closed during daylight to help keep the inside temperature low— and your air conditioning unit won’t have to work as hard.
- Consider replacing your current air conditioning system. Updated, central air conditioners and ductless mini-split systems use much less energy than older models without sacrificing comfort. Many mini-splits can be used for heating, especially throughout the transition between seasons. Now is the perfect time to consider renovations to your home’s comfort system before we are too far into the warmer seasons.
Sound Energy is here for all your home cooling and heating needs!