Conservation Tips to Save Money this Winter
Sound Energy can help you lower your energy costs this winter. Fuel prices are more volatile than ever, and winter temperatures are expected to be colder than historical seasonal averages, which could lead to higher energy bills. However, through conservation, you can reduce your heating bills. Sound Energy is your go-to expert for heating and cooling energy efficiency.
Several Winter Conservation Tips You Can Use Right Away
- Close off rooms that are not in use – and remember to shut the vents inside.
- Use less water and use cooler water when doing laundry. The warm or cold water setting on your machine will generally do a good job of cleaning your clothes. Switching your temperature setting from hot to warm can cut a load’s energy use in half.
- Take showers instead of baths. A five-minute shower will use roughly 7.5 gallons of hot water; filling a bathtub can use up to 20 gallons.
- Fix leaky faucets, especially hot water faucets. One drop per second can add up to 165 gallons per month – more than the average person uses in two weeks.
- Fix air leaks around windows, doors, and electrical outlets.
- Insulate your pipes to prevent heat loss. This can also help prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Schedule an annual heating system tune-up from Sound Energy. Our experts can evaluate your heating equipment and provide preventative maintenance to ensure your heating system runs at optimal efficiency.
Sound Energy is here to help you stay comfortable all winter long. Contact Sound Energy at 203-655-2539 to schedule a heating system tune-up or to ask us any questions you may have. You can also learn more about heating system efficiency from our heating services page.