Summer Savings Coming Your Way
We’re always looking to get our customers the best cost and energy savings possible. As we head into the summer, we all need our cooling systems to do their job to keep us cool, so how can we save without sacrificing comfort? Well, there’s good news; with just a few simple adjustments to daily living, you can significantly decrease energy usage!
- Cook dinner outside on the grill to avoid adding additional heat to your home. If you’re heating up liquid or a meal inside, use the microwave instead of the stovetop; they use 1/3 less energy than stoves!
- Stop hand washing your dishes: Yup, that’s right; washing your dishes by hand can use nearly 5,000 more gallons of water a year compared to an Energy Star® qualified dishwasher.
- Line dry laundry: Use less energy on each load; many clothing manufacturers actually recommend it! If you must use the dryer, use it efficiently by running full loads only.
- Open the windows: For those cool summer nights when the temperature outside is cooler than inside,let the outdoor breeze cool you down.
- Install a programmable thermostat: Automate your energy savings with a programmable thermostat that preserves energy when your house sits empty. Set the thermostat to your preferred comfort setting, sit back, and relax while it takes care of the rest.