Dos and Don’ts for Heating Season Preparations
When it comes to heating season preparations, it's important to follow these helpful tips to ensure that you have everything you need to stay warm and comfortable all season long.
- Cover or remove window air conditioning units to prevent cold air from getting into your home, as well as avoid damage to your system from ice and the chilly weather
- Clean your ducts to allow sufficient insulation and air flow throughout the home
- Schedule your annual heating system tune-up to ensure your equipment is fuel efficient and doesn't have problems that can become serious during the winter
- Make sure your home has a full supply of heating oil in case the weather gets cold earlier than expected
- Ignore clear signs of heating equipment issues (inconsistent temperatures, strange sounds, leakage, etc.)
- Assume your home has enough fuel heading into the winter (unless you're an automatic delivery customer)
- Leave cracks or holes in your home's walls, attic or crawl spaces open and unsealed
- Forget to reprogram your thermostat to adjust to the new temperatures and comfort settings you need
Need help making sure you've covered all these tips? Sound Energy Corp. has a wide range of services to help you get set up for this year's heating season. Give us a call or contact us to schedule a service, fuel delivery, or consultation.