No Heat? Try These Tips!
The last thing any Connecticut homeowner wants to deal with is a heating system that stops delivering heat! If you should find yourself without working heat, give these steps a try before calling our service department:
- Turn up the heat at least five degrees higher than the current room temperature. If it’s a clock thermostat, make sure the timer is set correctly or place it in “manual” mode. A working heating system will spring into action in a minute or two, letting you know you’re ready to take on the winter! If it doesn’t turn on…
- Check your switches! Make sure the emergency switch and all other switches on the heating unit are on.
- Check for any blown fuses or tripped breakers. If necessary, replace any blown fuses or reset your circuit breaker.
- Check the oil. Check your tank gauge to see if there’s enough oil in the tank.
- Push the “Reset” button ONE TIME ONLY. If none of the above applies, find the reset button, which is usually located next to the burner. Do not press the reset button a second time under any circumstances.
If you’ve managed to get your heating system working again, well done! Enjoy your comfortably warm home. If your heat still isn’t working, give us a call – our techs are on call even in the middle of the night.