How to Improve Your Heating System's Efficiency
Nothing can replace the knowledge, training and experience that a Sound Energy technician brings to your home comfort equipment, but that’s not to say that there isn’t anything you can do yourself to help bolster the abilities of your heating system!
Here are a few steps you can take to improve your heating efficiency:
- Clean or replace filters for your furnace at least once a month to maintain optimal airflow and comfort
- Keep warm-air registers, baseboard heaters and radiators from being blocked by furniture, carpeting, drapes or dust by keeping them clean and clear
- Inspect exterior vents, keeping them clear of debris and nests
- Keep the area around your outdoor condenser unit clear of sticks, rocks, leaves, ice, snow and other debris that accumulates over time
- Install and learn how to best utilize a programmable thermostat to help save on energy costs
- Check and replace weather stripping and caulk around doors and windows to keep out cold drafts and keep in the warm air
These are the easy things you can take care of to boost your home’s efficiency – for the more complex tasks, be sure to contact Sound Energy! We can help your heating equipment run more efficiently with our service plans, regular maintenance and much more. Contact us today to get started!